I joined Dr. Sinu’s lab of ecology and evolution in 2013 as a Project Fellow in the DST funded Project titled “Conservation value of sacred groves in Western Ghats; A latitudinal and altitudinal assessment using insect as probe Taxa”. Later I joined as Fulltime PhD. Research Scholar in 2015. Since my Masters, I got wonderful opportunity to explore the field of Entomology and Conservation biology. As the part of research activities, I explored the Western Ghats which is one among the 36 Biological Hotspots, gave me pragmatic experience and knowledge regarding different ecosystems and the inhabitant fauna. Those experience and skills thrives me to pursue my Ph. D. in Animal Science specially focused in Insect Ecology. These less studied enigmatic taxa comprise mysteries of this complex ecosystem, though I would like to reveal the effect of urbanization on the sacred groves by using ant communities as model organisms.My other research interests are Pollination Ecology and Taxonomy.
- BES (British Ecological Society)
- MARC (Malabar Awareness and Rescue Centre)
List of Publications
- Manoj, T. P. Rajesh, U. PrashanthBallullaya, K. M. Meharabi, V. K. Shibil, K. Rajmohana, and PalattyAlleshSinu. 2017. Diversity of Platygastridae in Leaf Litter and Understory Layers of Tropical Rain- forests of the Western Ghats Biodiversity Hotspot, India In Environmental Entomology, Oxford University Press.(Published Online).
- Sneha S. Kambli, M. S. Aiswarya, K. Manoj, Sangeetha Varma, G. Asha, T. P. Rajesh and PalattyAlleshSinu. 2017 Leaf foraging sources of leafcutter bees in a tropical environment: implications for conservation In Apidologie, INRA, DIB and Springer-Verlag France. (Published Online).
- PalattyAlleshSinu, V. K. Shibil, K. Manoj, T. P. Rajesh. 2016 Recent Advances on Biotic Seed Dispersal by VertebrateIn Mutualistic Interaction BetweenFlowering Plants and Animals, First Edition, ManipalUni- versity Press, Manipal, Karnataka.
Papers Presented in Seminars and Conferences
- Presented a poster titled “Comparative study of ant community of Sacred Groves of two altitudes in the Western Ghats “in the national Seminar organised in connection with the Fourth Indian Biodiversity Congress.10-12 march 2017, at Pondicherry University, Puducherry, India.
- Attended “one day user awareness programme on “shodhganga and anti-plagiarism software (Urkund)”Jointly organized by INFLIBNET (An UGC Inter- University Centre), Gandhinagar, and University Library, Central University of Kerala.12th august 2016, Central University of Kerala, Kasaragod, Kerala, India.
- Participated in the Post Conference Workshop on Biostatistics organized by Dept.of Animal Science, Central University of Kerala. 1- 2 April 2016, RSTC, Central University of Kerala, Kasaragod, Kerala, India. Curriculum Vitae: Rajesh T P
- Participated in the Joint Conference Insect Biodiversity Studies: Where Does India Stands in the Global Map organized by Dept. of Animal Science, Central University of Kerala, and Entomological society of India and Prof. T. C. Narendran Trust for Animal Taxonomy. 29-31 March 2016, RSTC, Central University of Kerala, Kasaragod, Kerala, India.
- Participated in “Indian Bee Course – 2015” organized by Dept. of Animal Science, Central University of Kerala.10-14 August 2015, RSTC, Central University of Kerala, Kasaragod, Kerala, India.
Participated in national workshop on “Concepts and Practices in Ecology of Plant- Ani- mal interaction” organized by Dept. of Animal Science, Central University of Kerala. 20-27 may 2014, RSTC, Central University of Kerala, Kasaragod, Kerala, India.